Old November 29th 15, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No more walking up escalators at Holborn

In article , (Iain Archer)
wrote:

Recliner wrote on Sun, 29 Nov 2015 at
15:10:22:
wrote:

Could the result vary with the demographic of the users and the time
and location. In the rush hours or when a large sports event such as
Arsenal at Home is about to take place I would think that the
majority of users will be reasonably fit and in a hurry and many
actaully run up at a fast pace.

After the time Freedom pass use becomes available a whole load of
other users who don't need to rush around start to use the
system,while a lot will just stand a number will walk up to pass them
but not as many actually run.

Freedom passes are available for use 24 hours a day on the Tube. But
retired people are less likely to use the Underground during the crowded
peaks.

True. No room for my usual 115ppm trot up the escalator.

Two-steps at a time is the trick. Downward that tends to break into a bit of
a run.

--
Colin Rosenstiel