Old November 30th 15, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default No more walking up escalators at Holborn

In message , at 13:51:40
on Mon, 30 Nov 2015, David Cantrell remarked:
On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 01:00:51PM +0100, Eric wrote:

I wouldn't object, I believe the capacity argument

I believe it too, but I also recognise that capacity and throughput are
different things, and it's throughput that matters the most.

Consider a road. The M25, for example. Its capacity is highest when
traffic isn't moving, because the gap between vehicles is minimised.
Throughput is typically highest at a speed somewhere between 40 and
60mph.

Actually it's more like 15mph, although that's unacceptably low to set a
speed limit.