Old December 1st 15, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default No more walking up escalators at Holborn

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 19:43:49 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:56:41 on Mon, 30 Nov
2015, d remarked:
The M25, for example. Its capacity is highest when
traffic isn't moving, because the gap between vehicles is minimised.
Throughput is typically highest at a speed somewhere between 40 and
60mph.

Actually it's more like 15mph, although that's unacceptably low to set a
speed limit.

Oh give it time. I'm sure the "Speed X - 10 causes less 2 * less fatalities"
argument work its magic and we'll all soon be back to walking pace with a man
with a red flag in front. Once 20mph is everywhere we'll soon have the
campaigns for 10mph kicking off. But remember - Think Of The Children!

Not many pedestrians on the M25.

Well with all the migrant scum bailing out of lorries maybe we'll have to
start putting pedestrian crossings on it.

Anyway, I was being slightly facetious but the point still stands. Don't
be surprised if a 50mph limit becomes mandatory in the next few years.

--
Spud