Old December 1st 15, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default No more walking up escalators at Holborn

Clive Page wrote:
But as a
libertarian at heart I think this reduces passenger choice in a
rather serious way. I nearly always walk up escalators, even long
ones, unless I have

As a libertarian are you arguing that your choice to walk should trump
the choice of others to stand side-by-side?

If you are arguing there should be no rule at all then I agree that
might work in some places. But my expereince of travelling across
London with people who find escalators difficult, and really want a
companion alongside them, is that a fair few passengers are prepared to
pursue vigorously their "right to walk".

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid