Old December 1st 15, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No more walking up escalators at Holborn

In article , d () wrote:

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 09:13:28 +0100
Robin9 wrote:
Roland Perry;152175 Wrote:
Not many pedestrians on the M25.

That won't deter the anti-motor car fanatics!

Their ultimate goal is quite obviously to get rid of the private car
altogether. They seem to think that because they're fit and healthy and
live only a few hundred metres from a tube station in their organic fair
trade right-on ghetto in London and never go anywhere outside the M25
unless they're in an aircraft, then everyone else must be in a
similar situation. I guess if you're old or infirm and live in an
area that poor or no PT so rely on your car to go anywhere, you can
just go **** off and die.

As my mother found when age required her to give up driving at age 89, she
could rely on online shopping and hire cars (arthritis made the step up to
London-type cabs too difficult).

She could have used the tube longer if her nearest tube station, East
Putney, wasn't one of the least accessible on the system (no other means of
accessing platforms but long steep staircases).

--
Colin Rosenstiel