Old December 1st 15, 04:32 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I know some elderly people who cannot step up onto a bus
and who use minicabs instead.

Spud's supposition is correct except that I doubt if the
anti-motor car bigots believe everyone else is the same as
they are. I don't think they care either way.

The irony is that without motorists paying vast amounts of
money into the Exchequer each year, public transport on a
large scale would not be possible. If motorists did give up
their cars, there would be a huge increase in demand for
public transport and the subsidy from the taxpayer at exactly
the moment revenue collapsed.

When the anti-motor car brigade talk about "a sustainable
transport policy" they should ponder for a few moments on
what is financially sustainable.