Old December 3rd 15, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No more walking up escalators at Holborn

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 08:50:44AM +0000, Clive Page wrote:
On 30/11/2015 15:32, Recliner wrote:
There's also the length (ie, rise) of the escalator to consider. If it's
very high, fewer people will choose to walk up, so the walking lane will be
under-used, with long gaps. In such cases, having two standing lanes will
maximise throughput. But with short escalators, lots of people will prefer
to walk, so it's better to have a walking lane.

I think this was the reason given for trying it first at Holborn as it
has rather long escalators, but surely not the longest (Angel?).

I've only used Angel station a couple of times but I don't remember it
being particularly busy, so maybe they didn't try it there because
there's no problem to solve there.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

You may now start misinterpreting what I just
wrote, and attacking that misinterpretation.