Old December 4th 15, 05:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus tickets - single?

In article , d () wrote:

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:35:21 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:58:38 on Fri, 4 Dec
2015,
d remarked:
Good to know TfL are completely ignoring basic banking security. Makes
me glad I've disabled all my contactless cards.

They'll block the card it it's reported lost/stolen, and you should be
able to get your money back. It's not as if the perp's run off with a

Eventually. It all costs time and money in phonecalls which are variably
0845 numbers and the inconvenience of waiting for a replacement card.

Most of my cards have "from Overseas" alternatives which are 01xxx numbers.

free burger or anything, so I expect they are happy to take the risk.

I'm sure they are however if the card has now been used for the first time
for TfL it can probably be used again in a shop without the first time
PIN. Thats not their problem though is it.

I've not been asked for a PIN on any contactless transaction.

--
Colin Rosenstiel