Old December 4th 15, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Bus tickets - single?

"Jarle Hammen Knudsen" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:34:03 -0000, "tim....."
wrote:

I have just receive my new card and I had to put it in any ATM (presumably
to confirm my PIN) before it would work contactlessly.

Did you also have to activate it online?

Like I said I had to "use" it in an ATM. - I got a mini statement.

That required my inputting the PIN.

30 second later I used it for a wireless transaction.

Unless the claim that it wont work wirelessly until inserted in the AM is a
rouse, I assume that it validated itself by writing back to the card, rather
than keeping this information in the network. BICBW

My bank requires this and I
think it's a good idea as anyone could grab it from my mailbox.

see above

tim