Old December 4th 15, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Bus tickets - single?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 15:44:40 on Fri, 4 Dec
2015, d remarked:

if the card has now been used for the first time
for TfL it can probably be used again in a shop without the first time
PIN.

Except I've never been asked for that "first-time" PIN. Have you?

A few times that I first tried to use my card [2] in a new store [1] the
transaction was rejected and I had to pay some other way.

I initially thought that my card had some sort of incapability with that
store, but after a few tries in various different locations it worked.

With hindsight, I guess that it was rejecting it and expecting me to swipe
the same card in the machine and use my PIN to validate it, but because the
transaction was "low value", I paid by cash instead, hence the multiple
rejections.

If this is the case a more meaningful message would have been helpful.

[1] both Morrisons and Aldi suffered this problem - multiple locations
[2] Not the same card I am referring to elsewhere in this thread

tim