Old December 4th 15, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard[_3_] Richard[_3_] is offline

Default Bus tickets - single?

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:58:38 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:51:45 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:

At least two of my cards have only *ever* been used as contactless on
TfL (I got them to play with), and they both worked fine first time.

Good to know TfL are completely ignoring basic banking security. Makes me
glad I've disabled all my contactless cards.

They're not - they worked with the banks to create the PIN-less
protocol, and given the relatively small values, they must have
decided it was a risk worth taking. I'd give them the credit for
introducing something not possible in most of the rest of the world.

Richard.