Old December 5th 15, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Bus tickets - single?

On 04/12/2015 14:58, d wrote:
On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:51:45 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
At least two of my cards have only *ever* been used as contactless on
TfL (I got them to play with), and they both worked fine first time.

Good to know TfL are completely ignoring basic banking security. Makes me
glad I've disabled all my contactless cards.

And there was me thinking that by never using any of my cards in a
contactless terminal in a shop I was thereby making them useless to a
thief who wanted to use them on a train or bus service.

On the plus side, it does mean if I'm unlucky/stupid enough to lose my
Oyster card I could use one of them in emergency. But if would have
nice to have known about this security hole in advance.

--
Clive Page