Old December 6th 15, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
D A Stocks[_2_] D A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default Bus tickets - single?

wrote in message
In article ,
(Richard) wrote:

On Fri, 04 Dec 2015 12:50:45 -0600,

wrote:

I've not been asked for a PIN on any contactless transaction.

If contactless is declined, it will be done as an old-fashioned "chip
and PIN" transaction, in my experience.

Never seen a contactless transaction attempt declined.

I had to complete a contactless transaction as a chip & PIN transaction
once. The till operator told me this happens sometimes if an invalid PIN
attempt has been flagged for the previous transaction, as was indeed the
case.

I don't know if this would cause a subsequent contactless transaction to
fail if chip & PIN facilities aren't available.

--
DAS