Old December 9th 15, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Smyth[_3_] Peter Smyth[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail 2 meeting in Wimbledon on Monday 7th December

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in
On 2015\12\03 23:35, Basil Jet wrote:
http://heyevent.uk/event/uze6be673jx...public-meeting

There was a guy in the crowd who had calculated, using TfL's
figures,

that diverting the Wimbledon - Clapham Junction trains via Balham
would cost, I think, 1.6 billion a year in extra electricity!

I don't think that would pass the More Or Less test.

Isn't it more than NR or TfL currently spend on Traction Electricity ?

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/s...-contract.html

Network Rail apparently use 3.2TWh a year. At EDF Energy's cheapest
public tariff that would cost £359 million (although I hope NR have
negotiated a better deal than that!)

Peter Smyth