Old May 6th 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Weird District Line train

Dave Newt
firebird.remove.net.this.remove.me.20.den@spamgou rmet.com wrote
the following in:
t.net

What was the train I got on today on the District Line?

Outside, it was in the white and blue colours. It was kind of
Victoria Line shape and size (not the bigger-looking D(?)-stock.)

Inside, it had green grab rails which I have never seen before
(more than usual too), it had Central Line-type door buttons, and
it had orange dot-matrix displays like the Picc ones, but these
were in the middle of the cars hanging transverally above the
corridor.

It certainly wasn't brand-new, but I've never seen it before.

What was it?

It sounds extremely like the refurbished D stock train. Are you sure
you're right about the shape and size.

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.