Old May 6th 04, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Need Paris Day Trip Advice.

Laura wrote:
We will be going to London in 12 days and would like to take a day
trip to Paris. We have May 20, 23 and 24 available to do this. We
have contacted a few places such as Eurorail, but the early mornings
and cheaper rates seem to be booked. Does anyone have any ideas of
reasonable tour companys that we could try? Maybe we waited too
long to book this? Some suggested staying overnight, but all of
our nights are already booked in London. TIA!

Unfortunately, the Eurostar website (www.eurostar.com) is down for
maintenance at present, but there is a North American phone number that
you can call:
1 877 257 2887.

Beware of other companies offering day trips to Paris via Eurostar, as
they seem to add on quite a bit to the basic Eurostar fares.

Alternatively, try www.easyjet.com for flights from Luton to Paris.
Cheapest fare on offer at present is £44 return (taxes included) for May
20, providing you don't mind a *very* early start! Sunday and Monday
flights are more expensive, and so are other airlines (British Airways
£80+ for example, but more convenient at both ends of the journey).

--
Richard J.