Old December 29th 15, 02:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default By Northern Line to Battersea

On 2015\12\28 22:51, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:25:15 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
I notice that "Nine Elms" roundels have gone up all over the hoarding
surrounding the former Sainsburys opposite Wilcox Road.

Boris has also ceremonially started a conveyor belt from the Battersea
station site to the Thames. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcjSnzw38iI

Maybe they should have just built a two way conveyor from Battersea to
Vauxhall and then we wouldn't need the railway ;-)

I wonder if when that extension is built and the line is operationally split
in 2 whether one half of the line will be given a new name or whether it'll
still all be known as the northern line?

The extension is certainly being built and will open in 2020, but the line
won't be split into two for some years (if at all). The split requires the
rebuilding of Camden Town station.

So Morden will just lose, what, a third of its peak service?