Old December 29th 15, 11:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default By London Northern Line to Battersea

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:11:04 +0000, e27002 aurora
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:01:26 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2015\12\29 11:15, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 21:05:52 GMT, d wrote:

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:25:15 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
I notice that "Nine Elms" roundels have gone up all over the hoarding
surrounding the former Sainsburys opposite Wilcox Road.

Boris has also ceremonially started a conveyor belt from the Battersea
station site to the Thames.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcjSnzw38iI

Maybe they should have just built a two way conveyor from Battersea to
Vauxhall and then we wouldn't need the railway ;-)

I wonder if when that extension is built and the line is operationally split
in 2 whether one half of the line will be given a new name or whether it'll
still all be known as the northern line?

Logically two independent lines should have two names. Independent
from a customer facing standpoint that is. It would be no surprise if
they still exchanged empty stock movements.

If the bits that were the "Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead
Railway" remain together, the "Hampstead Line" has a good ring to it.

Sounds too similar to the Hammersmith line. While I'm here, I wish
they'd rename the H&C the Hammercity Line. Or anything but H&C, really.

Now that the Circle is a Tea Cup, the Hammersmith and City is no
longer needed. Why not replace it with a Metropolitan service from
Uxbridge to Barking?

Because they wanted the extra services to Hammersmith, but there isn't
enough capacity on the southern side of the Circle for more Circle
line trains. Also, the H&C stations to Barking may not be long enough
for S8 trains.