Old December 31st 15, 01:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Two Way Runnning At St. Pancras International

In article , (Clive Page)
wrote:

On 29/12/2015 22:06, Roland Perry wrote:
Two-way running has to be allowed, otherwise they wouldn't be able to
turn the entire north-facing service there. Which of course doesn't
require any South London destinations to be shown.

I've never seen it though. Perhaps RTT is your friend for today's
movements.

Two-way running at St.P is relatively common, i.e. during major
disruptions (which means, unfortunately, every few days over the last
few weeks). When that happens the trains can arrive in either
platform A or B and reverse there. Whether the destination boards
can cope? Well they so often give wrong information that I can't say
that I've noticed. The signs at the mezzanine level, where they
direct you to the left for northbound and straight ahead for
southbound services are, of course, entirely misleading when there's
two-way running. Regular passengers get to know, how on earth
visitors manage I have no idea.

But TSGN (as people keep reminding me) have only a management
contract with DafT so they have no interest whatever in providing
passengers (sorry, customers) with accurate and timely information,
as this doesn't seem to have been written into their contract.

You can say that again! GN have tweeted that they have a special timetable
this week. When I asked where I could get it from (the put a PDF of last
Sunday's fiasco on their web site) they told me to go to the NRE Online
Journey Planner web site. When I asked how that was supposed to work offline
I got no answer. I just can't believe what a shambles this franchise is
turning into. God help them when through Thameslink running starts.

--
Colin Rosenstiel