Old December 31st 15, 01:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Two Way Runnning At St. Pancras International

In article m,
(Peter Lawrence) wrote:

On 29/12/2015 19:07, Robin9 wrote:
This afternoon I took a Thameslink train to Sutton which
arrived at St. Pancras International at the "wrong" platform.
This was clearly intentional as the train announcer warned
that the doors would open on the right-hand side. (There
was a train waiting at the other platform which seemed to be
heading for Bedford.) On our platform none of the destination
indicators listed our train or Sutton.

Is two-way running common at St. Pancras International? If it is,
why do the destination indicators not display South London
destinations?

"Wrong Line" running or reversal at SPILL is very rare and I am not
surprised that the PIS does not support it. I would guess that the
"Stand Back - Not For Public Use" appeared on the indicators - it
happens occasionally, even for right direction service trains!
Reversal of trains from the north is usually done at an EMT platform
or at Kentish Town.

Not according to Real Time Trains as I reported earlier. That data didn't
show any wrong line /departures/ just arrivals.

--
Colin Rosenstiel