Old December 31st 15, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default By Northern Line to Battersea

wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 01:27:40 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Is it not possible to have walk through with non articulated tube stock in
the style of S stock and the 378s?

We've been through this before, and you already know that the answer is
"no". With the small Tube profile and the large amount of relative movement
at the car ends with non-articulated stock, the open gangway would be too
narrow and low to be useful.

Yes we have been through this before and I never saw a convincing argument
against it. The large amount of relative movement is not an issue for
mainline stock so I see no reason why it would be for tube stock which is
just 9 inches narrower. As for the open gangway being too narrow - it would
be the same width and height as the current door areas so your logic is faulty.

Rubbish. The current doorways aren't aligned except when the trains are
running on straight and level track

Unless you can come up with a sensible reason against it then perhaps don't
comment on it at all.

That's excellent advice for you, as would getting a better memory. Note
that tube lines have tighter curves than main lines. You only seem to
travel on the Victoria line, but perhaps you should live dangerously and
take a ride on the Piccadilly and Central lines one day.

But as you obviously think you know so much more about this topic than
qualified engineers, professional train designers and TfL, why don't you
get a pay rise from being a contract programmer by selling your great
expertise to them?