Old January 1st 16, 04:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Jeremy Double Jeremy Double is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:11:06 on
Fri, 1 Jan 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:

Not a councillor since 2014. I'm just a pensioner these days.

So, under the UK tradition you do not retain the title after your term
in office?

US tradition is slightly more familiar to me. Certain titles,
President, Congressman, Judge, remain with the holder after his term

It seems to happen in the ex-military, but not the sort of roles you
mention. I don't think people can even keep a title like "Professor"
unless elected to one of the few Emeritus Professorships.

At most UK universities, professors are commonly given an Emeritus title
when they retire...

--
Jeremy Double