Old January 2nd 16, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default New Bermondsey station (Surrey Canal Road)

In message , at 17:58:43
on Fri, 1 Jan 2016, remarked:

Lighters on the Thames are still used for waste in London, I was a bit
surprised to find a year or two ago. They were more common when I was a
child. There is other Thames river freight traffic. the barges run into
Putney railway Bridge from time to time.

Trams, and possibly trains, are delivered by sea to the docks at
Dartford. But that's hardly "inland". Where do the "inland" waterways
start - probably where no longer tidal.