Old January 2nd 16, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 16:28:32 -0600,
wrote:

In article ,
(Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 14:11:06
on Fri, 1 Jan 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:

Not a councillor since 2014. I'm just a pensioner these days.

So, under the UK tradition you do not retain the title after your term
in office?

US tradition is slightly more familiar to me. Certain titles,
President, Congressman, Judge, remain with the holder after his term

It seems to happen in the ex-military, but not the sort of roles you
mention. I don't think people can even keep a title like "Professor"
unless elected to one of the few Emeritus Professorships.

Not sure about that, or else emeritus status is universal. I've never met
and ex-professor.

My brother is retiring as "Associate" Professor from a Canadian
University. I do not know how that relates to UK or US positions, or
what he will retain. I doubt he cares either way.