Old January 2nd 16, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Oyster outage

On 02.01.16 15:32, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:59:06 on Sat, 2 Jan 2016,
" remarked:

What time did this occur? I used the tube yesterday without any
difficulties, though I was using contactless.

Contactless was unaffected.

What are the stats, BTW, on contactless replacing Oyster?

Dunno; it would be good to get some numbers.

I assume this applies mainly to PAYG - I don't think you can load a
Travelcard Season onto a contactless CC.

You cannot load a Travelcard Season on contactless, though TfL does at
least apply daily and weekly caps on them AIUI.

Takes away the point of going to the machines.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are looking at introducing this in
Netherlands as the whole country is zoned.