Old January 2nd 16, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

In article , (Michael R N
Dolbear) wrote:

"e27002 aurora" wrote

Not sure about that, or else emeritus status is universal. I've never
met and ex-professor.

My brother is retiring as "Associate" Professor from a Canadian

University. I do not know how that relates to UK or US positions, or
what he will retain. I doubt he cares either way.

Associate Professor translates to BritEng as "Reader".

There are emeritus readers these days though not in 1978 when my father
retired.

--
Colin Rosenstiel