Old January 3rd 16, 09:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 18:03:02 -0600,
wrote:

In article ,
(Michael R N
Dolbear) wrote:

"e27002 aurora" wrote

Not sure about that, or else emeritus status is universal. I've never
met and ex-professor.

My brother is retiring as "Associate" Professor from a Canadian

University. I do not know how that relates to UK or US positions, or
what he will retain. I doubt he cares either way.

Associate Professor translates to BritEng as "Reader".

There are emeritus readers these days though not in 1978 when my father
retired.

Whether the Canadians will grant "Associate Professorship Emeritus"
remains to be seen. I doubt he is bothered.