Old January 3rd 16, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

On Sun, 03 Jan 2016 11:00:33 GMT, d wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jan 2016 10:48:35 +0000
e27002 aurora wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jan 2016 10:31:53 GMT,
d wrote:
There are always exceptions. But in general the people who listen to the
pop music (this doesn't apply to classical or rock) of a certain era are
people who grew up in that era so the majority of people who listen to 60s
pop music would have had their formative years in that decade.

The word "pop" as in popular implies lowest common denominator. If
you ever watch footage of the 1960s TOP performances, for the most
part these are not talented people.

TBH I don't consider the Beatles particularly talented. To me it just sounds
like a lot of whiny nasal vocals and guitar twanging. But then that sums up
60s pop music in general for this 80s kid.

If you have ever seen black and white footage of a performance from
the "She Loves You" days, Ringo displays and a complete lack of
talent.

He did improve. How could he do otherwise?

And, yes I am aware the trendy thing is to keep all ones music on a
hard drive. But, I like having the CDs.

I still have most of my CDs but these days I just stream off youtube. I have
no idea why people pay for streaming services when its all free.