Old January 3rd 16, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] webmaster@folkphotos.uk is offline

Default New Bermondsey station (Surrey Canal Road)

There was traffic on the Grand Union from 2003 shipping gravel from a pit near Denham to a depot at Stockley Park. I believe that the pit is now worked out and the traffic has ceased.

There is still barge traffic on the Thames tideway delivering aggregates but the wharfs are tidal.

In the rest of the country there are still deliveries to wharfs on the lower part of the Manchester Ship Canal. I think that there is still some bulk traffic onto the various tributaries of the Humber which can take 480 tonne capacity barges.