Old January 6th 16, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster outage

On 06/01/2016 08:34, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 23:29:07 on Tue, 5 Jan 2016,
Mizter T remarked:

The free travel ended at 0430 1st Jan and there weren't any reports
of problems yesterday.

That's a good point. I was expecting the free travel to have been
all day on the 1st.

Why? It's been 2345 NYE to 0430 NYD for years and years and years.

With the railway day ending at 4.30am I'd expect that to be called a
New Years Eve free travel period, not a NYD one.

Which is exactly what it is called!

Two posters from years gone by...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/teflon/340944897/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/5289677163/

KAYAK sponsored it this year...
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2015/december/free-travel-this-new-year-s-e

A rather better sponsor than Wonga.com, who sponsored it a few years ago
- I think they were a rather late entry, nodded through by Boris, who
then quite rightly was the recipient of some harsh criticism for it.
Grubby company, grubby business.