Old January 8th 16, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Heaton[_4_] James Heaton[_4_] is offline

Default New Bermondsey station (Surrey Canal Road)

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 07/01/2016 23:45, Dr J R Stockton wrote:

A select portion of central Cambridge still used 110 volt
(approximately) lighting in about 1965. I can, if desired, explain why.

That would be interesting to know.

I went to a shop in Cambridge in 1965 to buy a kettle. I was surprised to
be asked if I wanted it 110 or 230 volt. There must have been a lot of
domestic appliances scrapped at the time of conversion.

I would also be interested to know why this was the case. Hopefully John
will be able to end our suspense!

James