Old January 8th 16, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default TfL propaganda leaflets

On Fri, 08 Jan 2016 12:46:47 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 11:15:15AM +0000, d wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 22:59:51 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
One question I have: this move was designed to cut staff costs, so have the
numbers on duty dropped?

I would say no , at the moment. But I suspect the long term plan is to not
rehire people who leave so reducing staff costs that way. Thank god Boris

will
soon be out otherwise I suspect LU would have ended up like the DLR or the
Newcastle metro with scarcely any staff to be seen anywhere.

And yet my experience of a (mostly) staff-free system, posted a few
weeks back, is that it works.

Of course it works - until one day it doesn't and you need some help. The DLR
being a case in point when the jubilee line was out a few months back and
Bank was closed at the same time. Tower Gateway station was dangerously
overcrowded and there wasn't a single member of staff around to control the
crowds or answer any questions. It was only due to luck that someone wasn't
seriously injured.

--
Spud