Old January 10th 16, 06:26 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 23:52:44 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2016\01\09 11:40, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jan 2016 13:20:56 GMT, Anna Noyd-Dryver
wrote:

e27002 aurora wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 18:12:08 GMT, Anna Noyd-Dryver
wrote:

My preferred solution (though I'm sure someone will tell me why it's
wrong!) would have been a low-level junction between Crossrail and H&C and
Hammersmith served by Crossrail rather than 10tph terminating at Paddington. But
now it's built the tunnels are in the wrong place for that

That is something I considered a while back. Here are some of the
Pros:
The issue of the 10 terminating trains is solved.

Crossrail will have 14 tph terminating at Paddington. Only 10tph will
continue westward.

An altogether tragic waste.

The Branch platforms are all too short. Some of the stations are so
close they would probably be better replace by new long platformed
ones between the existing stations. e.g. Ladbroke Grove & Wood Lane,

Latimer Road and Wood Lane.

Of course. :-)

and Shepherds Bush Market and Goldhawk Road.

You're creating curved stations, and I doubt that would be allowed.

On the surface using the Hammersmith Branch looks like a great
solution to the 14 terminating trains. Unfortunately it is fraught
with difficulties.