Old January 13th 16, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

wrote:
In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 12/01/2016 20:51, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message , Mizter T
writes
Do you like the S-stock - from a driver's POV that is?

I love them. Comfortable, good driving position, cab air-com (although
it's a bit noisy) and hi-tech controls (which always goes down well with
me!)

It's almost disappointing when a D stock turns up as they are getting
dated and not much loved by the depots these days.

That's great to hear! I like them from a passenger's perspective too
- lots of space, big wide doors, smooth ride.

I agree except for the lack of transverse seats on the S7s. One advantage of
the S8s which I last used.

Yes, I always try and grabs transverse seat on an S8, even a rear facing
one.