Old January 13th 16, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:53:50 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:08:43 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
transfer to Vivarail. I suspect you'd be at the front of the queue of the
complainers if the D stock was still running around unrefurbished after 35
years of service.

As long as a train is reliable I don't really care what the interior decor

is
like especially if a refurb means yet more strain on the budget and hence
potential ticket price rises.

Were you under the impression that the refurbishment was just a paint job??
Wow!

See these pages to see what was actually done. Most of it was to improve
functionality and reliability, as well as some safety features. The paint
job was also needed for trains that were looking shabby and graffiti
stained after 25 years of service, but it was a small part of the project.
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave...rbishment.html

I don't see anything (in this admittedly messy site) about the motors or
traction control equipment being refurbished. So some wiring was redone and
an "information system" was put in. Nothing that was vital for a train about
to be ditched less than 10 years later.

--
Spud