Old January 14th 16, 12:08 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 00:14:35 +0000, Steve Fitzgerald
] wrote:

In message
,
Anna Noyd-Dryver writes

Hammersmith is no longer a depot as such. It's just a stabling point.

We have to take trains from Ealing Common to Edgware Road for H&C
services now.

Thanks Steve, I've been meaning to come back to this post - apparently only
6 S7s stable at Hammersmith overnight now.

Really? I didn't realise it was that few now as the other stabling
points haven't changed much.

Last time I was at HMD (for training) there were quite a few trains
about and space for, I would guess maybe 20 to 25 in total.

HMD was very much a C stock depot and once they went everything was
focused at Ealing Common and Upminster (and a couple at Neasden) which
both now provide H&C trains for service.

So, Anna's point seems to have more, and more merit. Unfortunately it
is too late now. The 14tph will remain as terminators.