Old January 15th 16, 07:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Map of station usage

In message , at 16:36:36
on Thu, 14 Jan 2016, remarked:
http://www.merrittcartographic.co.uk..._railways.html

Competition time!

Which stations have the biggest shift of ticket types from one year
to the next. My first candidate is Shippea Hill which went from 64%
Season tickets in 2012-13 to 0% in 2013-14

I presume the season ticket holder left school.

The only weekday train is the 7:28 to Norwich. How would they get
back?

I understand her father picked her up. I actually saw her on that train once
and was told about her by the guard. On that occasion someone also got off
at Shippea Hill but he wasn't a regular.

One of the problems with this anecdote is that the total entries and
exits in 2012-2013 was 50, with 64% on a season ticket. Which is 32, and
because it's based on ticket sales rather than an actual census means
they sold 16 days "worth" of season ticket. Perhaps they have some sort
of standard multiplier, in which case 4 days per weekly season would
seem to fit. So they only sold four weekly season tickets.