Old January 15th 16, 09:25 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Martin Coffee Martin Coffee is offline

Default Inspector Sands and his pals

On 15/01/16 09:30, d wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:05:33 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
I think we all know what an Inspector Sands call means, though I never knew
where his name came from. This article told me, and some of the other coded

I always assumed it was because in times past they'd chuck the sand bucket on
a fire. I'm fairly sure I remember one being in a lot of stations when I was
a kid.

I assume they chucked the contents and not the bucket on the fire?