Old January 15th 16, 09:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
The Real Doctor The Real Doctor is offline

Default Inspector Sands and his pals

On 15/01/16 09:05, Recliner wrote:
I think we all know what an Inspector Sands call means, though I never knew
where his name came from. This article told me, and some of the other coded
PA messages on stations, ships and planes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...now-about.html

In true Telegraph style, some of that is trivial:

"Hot bit - The heated part of an in-flight meal."

and some is just plain wrong:

"Flight level - "A fancy way of telling you how many thousands of feet
you are above sea level. Just add a couple of zeroes. Flight level
three-three zero is 33,000 feet.""

Why should any of the rest of it be trustworthy?

Ian