Old January 15th 16, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Map of station usage

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
16:36:36 on Thu, 14 Jan 2016,
remarked:
http://www.merrittcartographic.co.uk..._railways.html

Competition time!

Which stations have the biggest shift of ticket types from one year
to the next. My first candidate is Shippea Hill which went from 64%
Season tickets in 2012-13 to 0% in 2013-14

I presume the season ticket holder left school.

The only weekday train is the 7:28 to Norwich. How would they get
back?

I understand her father picked her up. I actually saw her on that train
once and was told about her by the guard. On that occasion someone also
got off at Shippea Hill but he wasn't a regular.

One of the problems with this anecdote is that the total entries and
exits in 2012-2013 was 50, with 64% on a season ticket. Which is 32,
and because it's based on ticket sales rather than an actual census
means they sold 16 days "worth" of season ticket. Perhaps they have
some sort of standard multiplier, in which case 4 days per weekly
season would seem to fit. So they only sold four weekly season
tickets.

Judging from how old she looked when I travelled (in 2012 IIRC) she left
school during that year. ISTR the previous year's usage figures were
somewhat higher and several years ago's (before she started school in
Thetford) somewhat lower though not quite as low as the most recent figure.

--
Colin Rosenstiel