Old May 8th 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Fulham Broadway Conundrum

And, even now, there are staircases at the extreme North end of both
platforms
(you can see the curved stairs when approaching the station from the North),
which I assume can be used for football matches, but are normally sealed

off.

They were in use a few weeks back just before a Chelsea midweek home
game and all passengers, including fans, were directed this way. I'd not
used this route before.

Hardly surprising, since I doubt if all the posh shops in the new entrance
shopping centre would want football louts crowding past their premises fully
lagered up!

Presumably the football fans have a direct route to Stamford Bridge via these
stairs, but where do the other people emerge?

Marc.