Old January 18th 16, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default It's all kicking off on the Piccadilly Line

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:22:14 on Mon, 18 Jan
2016, d remarked:
Why have we not heard more about this, however?

Interesting video. The "doors open on a moving train" looks suspiciously
like the driver having opened the doors just before the train has fully stopped
in a station. You see it all the time on old stock that doesn't have computer
interlocks.

How come someone was videoing it? Perhaps it had happened at previous
stations too.

Sure, it happens at lots of stations. The drivers routinely release the
doors just before the trains stop, so the doors are fully open just as it
comes to a halt. It works very well and I've never heard of anyone getting
hurt. That's quite different to the butterfly valve problem, when the doors
open uncommanded between stations.