Old January 24th 16, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default NTfL: usual suspects short-listed

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:

A 5 day 36 hour week currently,

7hrs a day. Wow!

7 hours 12 mins actually but that was not the point.

and the offer is a 4 day 36 hour week.

So moving to 9 hour days with all the potential fatigue issues
that involves...

Presumably there are multiple breaks and rest periods during the
shift?

Feel free to presume that.

There is nothing extra offered other than the standard 30 minute
unpaid meal break that I am aware of.

all I can do is repeat my question that has been ignored

If the drivers think it unsafe, why are the union asking for it?

Some drivers would prefer 4 longer days, others prefer 5 shorter days.
Presumably the majority are in the former group, otherwise ASLEF
wouldn't be pushing for it.

Many NR TOCs already have a 4 days week.

as 9+ hour days in a 7 day week?

Or as part of a move to "Sunday as a normal day": 8 hour days, 4 on, 2 off,
4 on, 2 off...?

tim

Peter Smyth