Old January 25th 16, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default London Overground expansion

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message
In article , d wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:04:25 +0000
e27002 aurora wrote:

Let me emphasize high rise living is not for families of five. They
are for singles and couples whose children have grown.

Works in the far east. But there tends to be less loutish behaviour in
those
societies.

Works to a limited extent in Scotland - 3-5 story tenements are common
in cities, villa flats (often look like large semis, but made up of 4
flats) are common further out.

I wasn't considering 5 stories as high rise. I have twice lived in a block
this size, but whenever I have viewed a block say 20 stories it has never
appealed - there are just too many minuses

tim