Old January 26th 16, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default London Overground expansion

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message

"tim....." wrote

Let me emphasize high rise living is not for families of five. They
are for singles and couples whose children have grown.

Even to these demographics they are less than desirable if they are not
very

well kept.

And they are impossible to escape from if there's a fire :-(

30-floor office blocks are death-traps ?

You don't sleep in office blocks

The occupants are expected to be able to evacuate the building before the
fire is established - but it doesn't always happen.

This isn't the case in domestic property

Evidence ?

your own intelligence

just try it. go and look at the average high rise property for sale/rent
and ask yourself "how would I escape from a fire in the middle of the night
which stated whilst I was asleep?"

tim