Old January 26th 16, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Guy Gorton[_3_] Guy Gorton[_3_] is offline

Default Why Green Line routes numbers start with 700

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:14:42 +0000, Bryan Morris
wrote:

In message , Rob
writes
Are there any modern routes that serve Victoria and areas just outside
London that don't start with a 7?

Rob

You have to distinguish between Green Line (Centre of London to outside)
and London Country Buses (also painted green & which took over Green
Line in 1986)

Not all Green Line served Victoria

They certainly did not! Our services out in Bucks were 709, 710 and
711, all off which went through central London to various destinations
in Surrey. In the 1950s we used them regularly from the
Uxbridge/Hillingdon area.. The trolley buses along the Uxbridge Road
were numbered 607. There is a bus route 207 to this day.

Guy Gorton