Old January 29th 16, 12:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why Green Line routes numbers start with 700

In article ,
(Roy) wrote:

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 9:07:33 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
300-399: green buses in the north

and 800-849

400-499: green buses dahn sarf

and 850-899

The 800s came quite late, for "new town" services. But were there
any actually assigned in the south? Wasn't it just the "Stevenage
Superbus" that used 8xx route numbers in anger?

I forget where I got the information. There is a sketchy reference at
http://www.eplates.info/805s.html

And didn't the 1930's Inter-statioN 1-and-a-half-deckers have a
dedicated range?

Pass.

--
Colin Rosenstiel