Old January 29th 16, 05:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Another spelling mistake on the Tube

wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 17:09:55 -0000
"tim....." wrote:
wrote in message ...
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 10:35:18 -0000
"tim....." wrote:
wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:34:19 +0000
e27002 aurora wrote:
The five years I lived in Reno, at least twice a year I would do the
nine hours, each way, drive to visit with my friend and business

When they say its a long drive across the pond, they really mean it.

Longest I've done is Toronto to Montreal overnight though we took it
in
turns
behind the wheel. Not sure I could have done it on my own in one go.

It's just over 300 miles, most of it on "open" expressway.

Thats still london to lands end.

Yes

I'd still do that in a day

And its still a long drive. Do you have a point here other than an implied
"I'm an amazing driver if I do say so myself and would have no problem
doing
twice that distance in an afternoon"?

It's got nothing at all to do with being an amazing driver

just one who's prepared to spend 6 hours of the day doing it if the
alternative is paying for an overnight stop.

And IMHO 6 hours in one day is not a huge amount of time to commit to a
journey PROVIDED that you aren't already tired when you start

tim