Old January 29th 16, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Hancock's Half Hour - Route 93 bus

On 2016\01\29 17:03, tim..... wrote:

"Offramp" wrote in message
I was watching an episode of Hancock's Half Hour today. What a great
series that was! Hancock was so much better when he got rid of
everyone excpet Sid James.

In this episode, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cau5MRu804Y, Sid
falls in love with a conductress on the 93 bus. Hancock lives at East
Cheam and the bus terminates at Epsom Station. It is still running on
a similar route.

The 93 ran from Putney Bridge to Epsom via North Cheam all the time
whilst I was a kid, It seems to have been split some time in the 90s
into overlapping: 93 Putney to N Cheam (where 1 out of 2 of the previous
93s would have turned anyway) and 293 Morden to Epsom, both running down
the main road (A24 IIRC).

The split happened in 1970. I suspect that the split was merely a formal
divorce of a route which had operated as two overlapping sections long
before that, and so all or most of the 93 buses in Putney will have had
North Cheam as the destination back in Hancock's day.

http://www.londonbuses.co.uk/_routes/current/293-2.html
http://www.londonbuses.co.uk/_routes/current/093.html