Old January 31st 16, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default The 455 route

In message , at 09:49:18 on Sun, 31 Jan
2016, Robin remarked:

Some are on narrowish roads but many are not and the
only issue would be stop locations where people have drives in front
of their homes.

The hazard of having a driveway blocked briefly because a bus has
stopped there seems pretty minimal.

t "only" rathers assumes that individuals should accept without
complaint the costs to them of providing a social good. I lived near a
bus stop many years ago. The effects extend way beyond access to
drives. The noise (both from passengers and from buses
stopping/starting), litter, damage to fences, and general low-level
anti-social behaviour can be significant. (And that was in days when
teenagers rarely knifed people who objected to their criminal damage.)
TfL may aim to minimise the effects but "not by my front yard" is
understandable.

But yes, I've lived near bus stops and it's commonplace for passengers
to use the nearest front garden as a litter bin.